We provide the following information in order for you, the family and friends of the inmates, to better understand the requirements and rules that regulate the visitation. If you have any questions or require clarification, please contact the jail staff at (785) 243-8164.Visitation:
Inmates are allowed 1 personal visit by reservation. Visitation hours start at 8am and end at 5pm in two (2) hour blocks. Appointments for visitation MUST BE MADE 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE and can be made by calling the jail 24 hours a day at (785) 243-8164 or stopping by the Cloud County Sheriff's Department during regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8am till 5pm. You must list all visitors who will be attending the visit. Visitations will not be scheduled on holiday or court motion days.
- The visitation is limited to one (1), two (2) hour session per prisoner per week.
- If more than one person wants to visit, it is the responsibility of the prisoner and/or visitor to limit/share their time so that all can visit. Each inmate is allowed no more than three (3) visitors in the visitation rom per two (2) hour visit.
- Any items brought in will not be passed to the inmate.
- All visitors must be appropriately dressed to be allowed into the visitation room.
- Smoking, eating, drinking, and electronic devices during the visitation are prohibited.
- We will refuse a visitation if visitors appear under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- We will not allow prisoners hospitalized in outside facilities a visitation.
At the Time of Visitation
- Register- giving names, phone number, and date of birth.
- Valid ID cards must be brought with the visitor to visitations.
- Visitors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Visitors less than 18 must be the children of the inmate and be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
We will not schedule Special Visits to avoid or circumvent the regular visiting schedule.
- Special visit are limited to one (1) thirty (30) minute visit, but are limited to special circumstances, in case of a death or other major family emergency.
- All special visits have to be approved by the Cloud County Sheriff, Undersheriff, or Jail Captain.
- Special Visits must be made 24 hrs. in advance unless approval is given.