Cloud County Noxious Weed Department
Andy Asch, Weed Director
321 Greeley Street
P.O. Box 627
Concordia, KS 66901
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The purpose of this County office is charged with:
- enforcing the State Noxious Weed Law within the County boundaries and
- providing information and material to help control and eradicate noxious weeds
The Kansas Legislature has declared 12 weeds as noxious. They are:
|Musk Thistle||Field Bindweed||Canada Thistle|
|Leafy Spurge||Russian Knapweed||Kudzu|
|Bur Ragweed||Quackgrass||Sericea Lespedeza|
|Pignut||Johnson Grass||Hoary Grass|
The four highlighted weeds are currently infesting Cloud County. Musk thistle, field bindweed, and johnsongrass has been treated in Cloud County for many years. Sericea lespedeza is the “new weed on the block” with land owners showing much concern and interest in controlling it.
The Kansas Noxious Weed Law, KSA, Chapter 2, Article 13, requires all persons who own or supervise land in Kansas to control the spread of and to eradicate all weeds declared by legislative action to be noxious. Copies of the State Weed Law are available at the Noxious Weed Office.
KSA 2-1330 Entry upon and inspection of property. County commissioners, township boards, city officials and state, county and city weed supervisors shall have at all reasonable times, free access to enter upon premises and to inspect property, both real and personal, regardless of location, in connection with the administration of the state weed law.
Chemicals available at the Noxious Weed Office are for the treatment of noxious weeds only. All sales are final. When purchasing chemicals at the weed office, please supply the name of the owner, operator, applicator, legal description of the land, name of weed to be treated, the chemical to be used, the rate per of application per acre, and the amount of acres to be treated.
These chemicals include:
- 2-4-D Amine 4#
- 2-4-D LV ester 4#
- Tordon 22K (Picloram) Restricted Use Chemical. You must have a current Pesticide Applicators Certificate to pick up restricted use chemicals
- Dicamba (Clarity)
- Remedy (Sericea lespedeza only)
- Glyphosate (Roundup) (5 gallons available for Johnsongrass unless verification of Johnsongrass infestation by Noxious Weed Office only.) (Not for sale for Field Bindweed, until the month of Ausust (except for special situations, with the discretion of the weed director.)
The current charges for weed treatment on private land in the county are three dollars and twenty five cents ($ 3.25) per acre; this figure is based on ten (10) acres of chemical applied. If less than ten (10) acres of application, the amount will be based on a rate of twenty ($20.00) per hour from time of loading, application time, and arriving back to the weed office.