Cloud County Crime Stoppers - 1-800-794-4512
If you have any information on any Crimes, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-794-4512. If your information leads to an arrest or indictment, you will receive a cash reward.
We don't want your name - just your information
CRIME STOPPERS is a unique crime fighting program that involves the police, community and media. The program came to life in 1978 when Albuquerque, New Mexico Police Detective Greg MacAleese came up with the CRIME STOPPERS concept. Frustrated over the lack of community involvement and willingness to help the police, MacAleese started by creating a special phone line in which citizens could anonymously report crimes. In an effort to encourage the citizens to call, a special reward fund was set up. If a caller’s information led to an arrest or indictment, the caller was rewarded with a significant dollar amount.
A Citizen Board of Directors oversees the day-to-day operations by voting on reward recommendations, raising money, and helping promote the program. The media does their part by promoting the programs’ success stories and in some cases featuring Crimes of the Week or Month. The Police Department establishes the special phone line, selects a Police Coordinator and makes sure that tips are investigated to the fullest extent.
HOW DOES CRIME STOPPERS WORK?
- If you have information about any felony crime or fugitive in Cloud County, call Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-794-4512 and you could be eligible for a cash reward.
- No one will ask your name and we don’t take your phone number or use caller ID or call return.
- You will be given a code number for identification.
- IMPORTANT: When calling Crime Stoppers, DO NOT use a cordless phone or cellular phone. These are not secure lines and people with scanners could hear your call.
- You will need to follow up on your tip with the Coordinator by calling back at a set date and time.
- If your information leads to an arrest, the Coordinator will advise the Board of Directors, who will vote on the amount of the reward, could be up to $1000.00.
- When you call back, you will be notified of a location to pick up your cash without anybody knowing who you are.
Cloud County Crime Stoppers is funded by diversions and private donations. These donations include individuals, businesses and other organizations. All contributions are tax deductible. If you wish to contribute, donations may be sent to:
Cloud County Crime Stoppers
PO Box 122
Concordia, KS 66901
Cloud County Crime Stoppers proudly serves:
and the Cloud County farming community.
For more information on Cloud County Crime Stoppers contact:
Cloud County Sheriff Department: 785-243-3636
Concordia Police Department: 785-243-3131